Monday, May 23, 2011

Not Really A Taste Test: Lu An Gua Pian (Melon Seed) green tea from TeaTrekker

Behold my favourite green tea: Lu An Gua Pian, one the the Chinese Famous Teas. I only had enough left from my sample to make a really weak infusion this morning, but even when brewed weak, this tea is amazing. It tastes like a whole garden of vegetals, freshly mown grass (in a good way), with this incredible sweetness pervading the whole thing.

Here's a picture of the leaves floating in my glass oolong pot (from Samovar Tea Lounge in San Francisco)


There should be a lot more leaves in there, but the sample size was just a little bit under what would be needed to brew three cups, and I had already made two before I started this whole blog adventure.

Anyways, I'll do a full, real taste test when I scrape together the money to buy more of this work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment